Meal planning can be a daunting task, especially when you have picky kids to feed. But it doesn’t have to be. Get your kids involved and have fun showing them how it’s done!
Here are a few tips for meal planning with kids:
- Get your kids involved in the whole process. Let them help you choose recipes, shop for groceries, and even cook. This will help them learn about healthy eating and cooking, and it will also make them more likely to eat the meals you make!
- Plan a variety of meals. Kids get bored easily, so it’s important to plan for variety in your meals. This doesn’t mean that you have to make a new recipe every night, but you should try to include a variety of different foods in your meals. This will help your kids get the nutrients they need, and it will also keep them interested.
- Make it easy. When you’re cooking with kids, it’s important to make it easy on yourself. Choose recipes that are simple to make and that don’t require a lot of ingredients.
- Cook with your kids. Cooking with your kids is a great way to teach life skills and about healthy eating. Let them help you safely chop vegetables, measure ingredients, and stir the pot.
- Make it fun! Meal planning doesn’t have to be boring. Get creative with your recipes and try new things. You can also increase the enjoyment by playing some music while you cook.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan, so it’s important to be flexible. If you don’t have time to cook one night, don’t be afraid to order takeout, eat leftovers or go out to eat.
Meal planning can be a great way to save time and money, and it gives us a valuable opportunity to share time together while teaching great life skills. It can also help your family eat healthier!