We’re looking for an individual that understands the importance of our company culture and plays an integral role of supporting it by ensuring that our employees have a safe and welcoming work environment. Our Human Resources Manager accomplishes this by overseeing all HR-related functions, including recruiting, performance management, employee engagement, and assisting with the creation of company strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Develop and implement policies, trainings, and initiatives to support the organization’s needs.
- Manager all human resource functions, including recruiting, onboarding, performance management, benefits, professional development, and safety.
- Coordinate with Finance to complete monthly payroll in HRIS.
- Consult with managers to understand their recruiting needs and lead the recruiting process. This includes all steps such as assistance with developing the job posting, screening candidates, and coordinating interviews.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external recruiting sources and participate in relevant recruiting events, both locally and virtually.
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation for all new hires, ensuring they have all relevant information as well as resources such as IT equipment, building access, etc.
- Oversee all performance issues, including working with managers on the process, completing documentation, providing employee resources for improvement, and terminating employee when necessary.
- Regularly monitor employment law updates and communicate and implement internal policy changes when needed.
- Continuously improve professional development program, including annual performance reviews, mid-year check ins, and professional development courses.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a manager or business partner capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field.
- Experience with full cycle recruiting required.
- Proven experience with developing and implementing policies and procedures internally as well as for the company as a whole.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with worker’s compensation is a plus.
- Capable of utilizing an HRIS, experience with Paycom is a plus.
- Experience with coordinating projects, timelines, or other pieces of information.
- Must be detail oriented, and capable of reviewing your own work to ensure accuracy before submission.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel preferred.
Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com.
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What’s it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Blue Marble is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a place free of discrimination and harassment for all employees and applicants, no matter their race, age, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or express, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local law. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Blue Marble’s Human Resources department.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ashland, OR