Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com.
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What’s it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Position SummaryWe are looking to add an Operations Specialist to our team! The Operations Specialist will work with the other members of the Operations team to process orders from Sales, communicate with customers regarding their orders, and ensure that orders are being fulfilled. This position requires the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with individuals inside and outside of the organization, as well as a high level of attention to detail when inputting and processing orders in the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and process all incoming orders from sales.
- Manage all orders from placement through Sales to fulfillment, including the transportation logistics for all outbound goods.
- Communicate in a professional manner with customers to answer any questions and solve any obstacles.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise with orders and/or customer data.
- Maintain data in the order processing and warehousing systems.
- Work closely with sales and warehouse department, including tracking outbound freight shipments and communicating status to Sales Manager.
- Continuously improve processes to ensure efficiency and update Standard Operating Procedures with all changes.
- Collaborate with team members to work through challenges and mentor others.
- File FedEx claims for lost or damaged products to recoup funds.
- Provide support to the Director of Operations.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with data entry, order processing, and/or logistics required.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related field is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as customer service skills.
- Experience with inventory and warehouse systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Independent self-starter, effective team player, and a creative problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changes.