Financial Revenue Analyst
Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com.
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What’s it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Revenue Analyst to help manage Blue Marble’s sales revenue and cash flow within the Finance department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is ready to learn and willing to run established workflows. We value our positive team morale and company culture and are searching for a candidate with the required skill set and one who also fits in with our team and company culture. The Revenue Analyst will be responsible for tracking customer orders from input to collections. This role will collaborate closely with our Sales team to help manage customer accounts while gathering payments accurately in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will understand the sensitivities around collecting payment and maintaining a positive relationship with our customers and will work diplomatically to preserve our accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track customer orders from input to collection.
- Collaborate with sales team to help manage customer accounts accurately and ensure timely customer payments.
- Diplomatically follow up with all past dues and help collect using email, phone or mail.
- Capture status of all accounts and prepare regular reporting.
- Interact with internal as well as third-party sales teams, in order to keep commission payments accurate and timely.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Knowledgeable in math, transaction flows and basic accounting principles, and ability to interpret and test data in order to present meaningful analysis.
- A process and workflow mindset is important, with regards to daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that need to be done consistently and on time.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Understanding of relational databases and how their outputs are generated and can be affected by inputs is a plus.
- Knowledge of Power BI, Power Automate, and SharePoint a plus.
- SQL and Dax experience a plus.
- Proactive with a strong work ethic.
- Strong, professional, interpersonal communication skills, including email, phone and face to face.