Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com
and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What's it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Blue Marble is searching for an experienced Demand Planner to join our growing team. This role is responsible for managing the inventory forecasting as well as working with our international rock and fossil suppliers to secure raw materials for our production facility in China.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for developing and maintaining a reporting dashboard reflecting actuals, forecasts and adjustments. They will use real time data and information to make inventory decisions. In addition, they will assess all products as they move through the Inventory Life Cycle to determine their stage in the life cycle and any necessary actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and develop inventory forecasting by channel and location
- Review and prioritize production schedules with China
- Review sales and make recommendations for inventory markdowns
- Work with international rock and fossil suppliers to forecast and import containers to our manufacturing facility in China
- Sales analysis and reporting for all locations
- Work with complex material requirements planning spreadsheets
- Anticipate and recognize potential problems and generate alternatives for problem resolution
- Perform required administrative tasks; prepares reports and correspondence.
- Work with cross-functional departments in relation to inventory and supplier activities
- Other duties as necessary
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- BS/BA in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5+ years related experience with inventory management preferred
- Knowledge of rocks and fossils preferred
- Experience with importing and exporting preferred
- Proficient on Microsoft office and MRP systems
- Knowledge of basic inventory and accounting concepts
- Ability to analyze and determine trends
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Blue Marble employee are all currently working remotely. Our office is not officially open but accessible if needed and we follow and practice CDC and state regulations and guidelines to assure a safe and healthy environment.