eCommerce Conversion Specialist
Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com.
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What’s it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Position SummaryOur Conversion Specialist is responsible for creating, maintaining, and enhancing product listings for all Blue Marble brands across all relevant ecommerce platforms. This includes creating listings for new products, monitoring existing product listings for accuracy, and optimizing listings to increase conversion and decrease overall advertising spend. Once a product is flagged as a low conversion, the Conversion Specialist develops an optimization strategy, reviews analytics to establish a baseline to build upon and tracks progress once optimization tactics are implemented. Collaboration with team counterparts is essential in this role, working closely with all members of the Amazon team to identify optimization opportunities. In addition, our Conversion Specialist works closely with Product development, Design and Copywriting to gather all assets required for each product listing. This includes product details, product images and video and product copy for the listing and A+ content.
- Create new product listings on all relevant Amazon platforms.
- Collaborates with the Amazon team to identify possible optimization opportunities.
- Audits all listings to catch any issues that need to be resolved.
- Implements optimization tactics to increase conversion and drive advertising spend down.
- Reviews design and copy deliverables and provides clear, concise feedback.
- Gathers assets for new listings and for optimization purposes on existing listings.
- Runs Split Tests on Images and Copy on Listings. Monitors and reports on results of testing and optimized listings to determine if effectiveness.
- Monitor product reviews for our listings and competitors.
- Continuous learning on the latest trends, best practices and algorithms on all relevant ecommerce platforms.
- Cross-team collaboration with Design, PD, Customer Service.
- Work on special projects as needed to support the overall success of the ecommerce team.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce setting, preferably Amazon focused, including ecommerce marketing and branding.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Seller and Vendor platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon focused Software tools, on-line browsers and web-based programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically skilled in Excel.
- Experience with image formats, resolution and image editing.
- Team player with a positive attitude.