Human Resources Manager
Blue Marble is a consumer products company with a focus on developing exceptional STEM toys for families around the world. Simply put, we believe quality educational products inspire kids and instill in them a lifelong love of learning. We believe that foundation will serve them throughout their entire lives and will benefit their future and our community.
We are National Geographic’s largest licensee and have created hundreds of products under their brand which we sell in over 60 countries around the world. We also created products for NASA, and we have developed our own brands: Discover with Dr. Cool, and Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Builders www.blockarootoys.com.
We have been in business for over 15 years and our headquarters is in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Our products are the gold standard of quality when it comes to educational toys. Look at our brand store on amazon (search: National Geographic Toys, or visit our company website www.thinkbluemarble.com and you will quickly see the Blue Marble difference. From real dinosaur fossils, to amazing gemstones from around the world, we love making products that inspire, and we think you will feel the passion, excitement, and innovation that our company is known for in every product we make.
What’s it like to work here?
Blue Marble is a special work environment. It has a family-style atmosphere and there is always a buzz of activity and inspiration in the air. Our team is made up of people with high character. To work here you need to be talented, bring a positive attitude, and be a great human being. This is a place where our team supports each other and wins together.
As a company, we care about our employees, our community, and the world around us. How we do things, and how we treat each other matters to us. We exist to make thoughtful, purposeful products, but we also value a good balance between work and life, and we want to enjoy how we work together all along the way. Our team is like no other, and if you share our values, we believe you will agree that this is one of the best places to work on the planet.
If you think this is the place for you and if you want to join a company that aims to make a positive impact in the world, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Position SummaryWe are looking for a proactive leader to join Blue Marble as our Human Resources Manager. As a growing company, we are looking for someone to continually improve processes and implement positive change to support our team. The Human Resources Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies and activities of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy. This position will manage recruiting, on-boarding, training and development for the Blue Marble team. In addition, they will manage benefits enrollment and ensure we are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations as an organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Posts all open positions on relevant platforms, screens talent, organizes interviews and gathers feedback on candidates.
- Facilitates hiring and on-boarding process.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Networks with local organizations such as Universities to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Facilitates termination of employees when necessary.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Develops and implements departmental training budget.
- Brings resources and experience to the company to help develop team member’s and help them grow their abilities.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Good command of Microsoft Office Suite applications; word, excel, PowerPoint and Adobe applications; Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Ability to develop HR systems and processes in collaboration with department directors and leadership team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- Five years or more of human resource management experience required.